Here is a helpful list of random tips for when you’re out thrifting:
1. Bring moist towelettes or hand sanitizer. Thrifting isn’t for the light of heart. In the words of certified junker Aaron Draplin “GET IN THERE.” Don’t be afraid to dig in, under, or around stuff. You never know what you’re going to uncover when you’re fully dedicated to hunting them treasures.
2. Don’t bring babies. They cry and you can lose focus because they ‘re always wanting nappy toys and stuff.
3. Plan your routes out to be able to hit as many junk sales/thrift stores as you fancy. I mean – who likes to waste fuel?
4. Keep an open mind about stuff. If you’re looking for something too partiuclar, you may pass over something else you’ve been hunting for or something completely rad.
5. Wear comfortable stuff. I personally don my comfy weekend jeans and a t-shirt or hoodie. You’re gonna be walking, crouching, and milling around, so you might as well be comfortable while doing it.
- – - -
If you have more helpful tips send them to me!
Phone: (763) 245.0101
Follow me on Twitter: @THINGSIFOUND
BECOME A FAN: Facebook Fan Page